10 Key Benefits of Drinking Water
You would be forgiven, given the recent weather nightmares, to be sick of the sight of water.
I’m going to irritate you further here for a few soggy minutes and just remind you of some of the benefits of water; drinking it, that is, not paddling in it.
It is widely known that water is vital for cell renewal and ridding the body of toxins, but there are HEAPS of other amazing things that H2O is responsible for.
CHECK THESE OUT!
1. Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue – Since your brain (and actually, most of your body) is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, have better concentration and generally be more alert. It also boosts your energy levels and who doesn’t need that?
2. Promotes Weight Loss – This happens in so many ways. Water gets rid of by-products of fat, reduces portion size (just drink a large glass prior to meals to make you feel instantly ‘fuller’), reduces hunger pangs, raises your metabolism and has zero calories!
3. Flushes Out Toxins – OK, I kind of mentioned it earlier but it’s worth repeating. Water rids the body of waste through sweat and urination (that’s weeing to you!), which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections). Shamazing!
5. Maintains Bowel Regularity – No one likes that bloated stomach feeling. Or the way it looks. Water aids digestion; it is an essential to digesting food and preventing constipation.
6. Boosts Immune System –Drinking your recommended 2 litres of water a day means you are less likely to get sick. Drinking plenty of Mother Nature’s nectar helps fight against flu, cancer and other diseases and ailments like heart attacks.
7. Natural Headache Remedy – Many headaches, migraines and even some pack problems are caused from dehydration…so sup up!
8. Prevents Cramps & Sprains – Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain and injury is less likely.
9. Mood Improver – When the body is functioning at its best, you will feel great and be happy, that cheeriness has a knock on effect so you’re actually helping the whole community!
10. Save Money! – Water is FREE! I think in the UK we sometimes forget how lucky we are to be able to simply turn on a tap. Even if you choose bottled or filtered water, it’s still cheaper than that high sugar and fat-filled latte! And let’s not even get started on the fizzy drinks (7 tsp of sugar in one can of Red Bull, really???????)
New research indicates that we may be able to get the necessary hydration in the form of food or even alcohol.
With that in mind, does anyone fancy a pint?
Easy Related Posts
The Key To Having Great Looking Skin
Your skin is probably the single most notable indication of your health and lifestyle. ...read more
Invitation to my presentation
How many times do we see those adverts telling us we can earn extra £££££££££ ...read more
It's your loss... Protein shakes with a difference!
It was only relatively recently that most major diet fads involved replacing two meals a ...read more